Common valuation methods
- Risk Factor Summation Method (RFS)
- Scorecard Valuation Method
- Venture Capital Valuation Method
- Discounted Cash-Flow Valuation Method
- First Chicago Valuation Method
Using multiple startup valuation methods during preparation will also help you in the negotiation process because it will give you a more robust understanding of the valuation process and the underlying assumptions you make.
Startup Valuation Calculators
On our platform we provide a set of tools that implement the different methods. The tools allow you to calculate a valuation range for your startup.
You can learn more about the different methods in the Guide section Company Valuation and Cash Need on the key2investors platform where we cover these key points:
- Understand how different valuation methods work
- Being able to select the right evaluation method
- Researching benchmark data for valuation
- Understanding results and doing sanity checks
Calculate a valuation for your startup
Learn about the different valuation techniques for fundraisers in our virtual:lab videos. Confidently use the valuation tools to calculate a plausible valuation range for your startup:
- Scorecard Valuation tool
- Risk Factor Summation Valuation tool + virtual:lab
- Venture Capital Method Valuation tool + virtual:lab
What our users think of key2investors
We really appreciate the great help and tips we received during Investor Dynamics training. The valuable feedback and hands-on approach, gave us a clear picture, what activities are most important for us and how to execute them!
Marketplace for Commercial Real Estate in Europe
I just re-watched your videos - they are fantastic! Thank you so much for such a structured and "templates-based" attitude! Also lots of great insight about how an investor thinks during the Q&A sessions.
CEO at uTrigg
Petra helped us in structuring the key message and all relating documents for finding venture capital for a newly founded start-up in the field of green chemicals. Petra also provided us contacts and venture opportunities for our mission. We totally appreciated Petras very experienced, well skilled but still hands-on way of working with us. Petra is perfectly capable of sensing what her customers really need. We really learnt a lot! Thank you Petra.
Petra Wolkenstein has supported and consulted us in several phases in a very professional way. Working together has been excellent when looking for new investors. She matched us with qualitatively valuable and very suitable investors. Her cross-border investor network is truly extensive. Many thanks for your excellent and proactive support!
Selling a company is a complex process. When I was looking for a buyer to exit my company, the experience of the consulting team helped a lot. In the end, the professional teaser documentation and the invaluable negotiation support were decisive for the sale.
Start getting investor-ready
On key2investors.com you’ll find everything in one place. No need to read yet another startup blog about getting an investor!
- Benefit from our structured guide based on a proven process
- Use startup valuation tools and our investor database
- Create your investment teaser based on our template and guide.
- Learn with virtual:lab videos
- Book live Q&A sessions to get answers to all your questions