Use our knowledgebase articles and FAQs to get quick answers to common questions.
About our Knowledge Base
The key2investors knowledge base was created to provide instant answers to many questions we have heard quite often over the last years. During numerous workshops on the investor process, negotiations, or startup valuations, as well as coachings, online sessions, and process guidance we collected the frequently asked things and put the answers in our knowledgebase. Now it is accessible and continuously filled with additional questions startups have around this topic. If you want to ask your own questions and get them answered, send us a message, we are here to support and expand the collection on the go for everybody.
Have you asked yourself this?
- We still haven’t got traction – how can we convince investors?
- How much salary can I put in the financial plan for the founders?
- How do I derive my revenue potential and is there public data on market sizing?
- When can I start talking to investors?
- How many shares should I give to an investor?
- How to split financing round into tickets?
- Which legal structure do I need to get an investor on board?
- How much is an investor usually getting per financing round?
- How can I avoid being ripped off by the investor?
- I am single-founder, is this a problem?
- How long does raising take?
- When is the right time to start raising?
- Can I do two seed rounds?
- What is a cap table?
On key2investors.com you’ll find everything in one place. No need to read yet another startup blog about getting an investor!
- Benefit from our structured guide based on a proven process
- Use valuation tools and our investor database
- Create your investment proposal based on our template and guide.
- Learn with virtual:lab videos
- Book live Q&A sessions to get answers to all your questions
What our users think of key2investors
(…) As one of the participants – Eric from Recovery Companion put it: “The program was an invaluable resource of information for our startup, empowering us to understand all facets of the startup journey and giving us the opportunity to pitch Recovery Companion to a diverse and engaged audience. We are extremely grateful for being included in the program and more importantly, for creating new friendships with our startup peers and the Wise Guys team.”
Big thanks to our mentors: Patrick Collins, Petra Wolkenstein, Mario Krivokapic, Forian Kendler, Oscar Sanjuán Martínez, Jasmina Popovska and the SWG alumni & team.
Petra did one of the best workshops when we were participating in the Startup Wise Guys program. She is an expert in negotiations. Her help and suggestions in terms of our company strategy were extremely valuable. Thank you!
Co-founder of Casers
We really appreciate the great help and tips we received during Investor Dynamics training. The valuable feedback and hands-on approach, gave us a clear picture, what activities are most important for us and how to execute them!
Marketplace for Commercial Real Estate in Europe
I just re-watched your videos – they are fantastic! Thank you so much for such a structured and “templates-based” attitude! Also lots of great insight about how an investor thinks during the Q&A sessions.
Petra helped us in structuring the key message and all relating documents for finding venture capital for a newly founded start-up in the field of green chemicals. She also provided us with contacts and venture opportunities for our mission. We totally appreciated her very experienced, well-skilled but still hands-on way of working with us. Petra is perfectly capable of sensing what her customers really need. We really learnt a lot! Thank you, Petra.
CFO AIT Austrian Institute of Technology