Early-stage startup valuation can be challenging. When it comes to selecting the right valuation method there is no single best choice. Different people – including investors – will tell you different things and recommend various methods. That’s why it’s important to know which methods there are and how they differ.
Also valuation is something that can and should be negotiated with investors. It has a strong influence on the level of the company share you will need to give off. Thus you should be able to discuss the basis of your valuation with investors.
Learn more about different valuation methods
On our key2investors platform we have put together a comprehensive section explaining and describing the different startup valuation methods. available for registered users (you can try it for free!).
- Overview of valuation methods
- Selecting the right valuation method
- How to use valuation methodologies and
- Interpreting valuation results
There are also some tools available for calculating valuation ranges:
Additional startup valuation resources
Of course there are many great resources available online too which you can use to learn more about the different valuation methods:
- Valuation and Financial Analysis For Startups Specialization – 5 part specialization online course on Coursera
- Valuation for Startups Using Multiple Approach – Online course on Coursera
- How does an early-stage investor value a startup? (seedcamp.com)
- Valuation Methods – The main methods used to value a business (Corporatefinanceninstitute.com)